Thursday 1 March 2012

Wedding Sneak Peak: Bridesmaid Dresses

Well. Blogging has clearly been successful for the past month! Wow, that's embarrassing... but, moving on.
Last night, we found the last one. Finally! After months and months of searching, we found Lana's maid of honour dress. Now, you might ask, why was it so difficult? I mean, really, how hard would it be to find a floral dress in just the right green that doesn't look like a couch? Yeah. That's what I thought.

For those of you who don't know me, I'll let you in on a little secret. I started thinking about my wedding before Derek and I were engaged. Heck, I started thinking about it before I dated Derek, before I knew Derek! Yes. I'm a girl. But that being said, I had ideas about how I wanted the wedding to be before Derek proposed.

So, of course, before he proposed, I had ideas of how I wanted my bridesmaid dresses to look. I wanted each of them to be wearing a different dress (because I'm all about freedom and individuality and all that stuff) and I wanted them to be floral. I got my inspiration from pictures like these.





I mean, seriously! Don't they look awesome? How hard could it be. Of course, what ended up happening was me almost ripping my hair out in frustration and Lana and I sending email after email after email filled with links to dresses that might possibly be "the one". Seriously. It was harder than finding MY dress. Rachel found a dress very early on, and we were always under the impression that Vickie's mom would make her a solid brown dress, so it was only Lana's dress.


Yup. That was me.

Anyway. So FINALLY, we found a dress. It was perfect. It was gorgeous. It would look good with Rachel's dress. It was expensive, yah, but whatever. We'd deal with that. So a day or two later, Lana went to order it - and guess what? It was sold out. And discontinued. It was like the whole world was against me and this wedding, I swear. Last night, however, Lana and Vickie and I were discussing dresses, and I decided to open up the link. Guess my surprise when it was in stock! With one dress in size 6 and one in size 16. So, we ordered the size 6, and we're really crossing our fingers that the sizer is a little bit off. Really hoping it fits Lana good - because according to the sizer, she should move one up. EEP.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention, because I needed a credit card to order the dress, I had to use Derek's, but he was asleep at 12:45, when we found the dress was available. So, because I knew his phone was off, I texted him with the situation and asked him to text me back as soon as he got the message - which was, of course, at 4:00AM. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete