Saturday 29 September 2012

Fantastic and Free #2

On to post #2 of my two week project (I just used the word "two/to" three times. Woot). Today I made a new vase, keeping up with the fall feel of yesterday's project. In the end, it was pretty simple, though it took a couple tries to get it right. I took a mason jar, some twine, and some spray adhesive. I combined them (mixing bowl not included) and voila!


Well, not really. I actually sprayed the mason jar with some of the adhesive (only a little bit, because too much and everything gets crazy sticky, though quick note: if you do get too much on the jar, nail polish remover takes it off SUPER easily), and then while watching HGTV's The Unsellables, I wrapped the twine many, many times around the jar. I threw a couple clippings of some of our trees from backyard into my brand new vase, and instantly our kitchen table had a pretty fall-esque centrepiece!


And, when I was outside grabbing some of the leaves, I realized that we have a gorgeous tree in our backyard with very pretty red berries. The birds seem to love it! I tried to include a clipping from it in the mix, but I couldn't get it quite right. Oh well, maybe another time. Do any of you know what kind of tree it is? I love it.


 Budget breakdown:

MASON JAR: $0 (I have a collection of them)
TWINE: $0 (Leftover from the wedding!)
SPRAY ADHESIVE: $0 (Got it ages ago for another project)

FINDING A BEAUTIFUL TREE IN THE BACKYARD: Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment