Wednesday 10 October 2012

Fantastic and Free #11: Custom Coffee

I've seen various versions of this particular project on pinterest, and I figured today I'd take a shot at making my own. See, when Derek and I bought our dishes when we first got married, it came with a set of eight mugs. I love the dishes. They're plain, simple, white. But when it comes to the mugs, what attracted me to the dishes is what makes me un-attracted to mugs... They're plain, simple, white... boring? So, why not spice 'em up a bit. I decided to start with one mug. I didn't want to wreck all of them if I didn't love the change!


I started by finding a quote that I liked about winter. I chose one by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It goes, "Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half-asleep in winter is so strong in me". I though it was cute. I scribbled that sideways on the cup and drew on a tea-bag string.


Then I just threw it in the oven for 25 minutes at 170, and now its permanently stuck. I really like how it turned out, so I must just have to think about some other designs that I can put on the other mugs!


Budget Breakdown:
MUGS: $0 (got them with our dish set)
SHARPIE: $0 (had it already)

MAKING BORING THINGS INTERESTING: Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment