Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Pinterest Challenge: Fall 2012

So, everyone, welcome the Pinterest Challenge! The Pinterest Challenge is for anyone who uses Pinterest (and for anyone who's interested in starting it) to stop pinning and start doing! Basically, you pick something from your Pinterest boards and go to town with making it. This is not something sponsored in any way by Pinterest, but rather started by two of my favourite bloggers, Sherry from Young House Love, and Katie from Bower Power. Seriously, you ought to go check out their blogs. They make me wish for more creativity!


Every season, they - along with two guest hostesses - pick one week, and put on their creative hats to get their favourite pins into real life. There's only one rule: do your own personal take on something on your boards and link it back to the ORIGINAL source (not the pin!). On Tuesday morning (the 30th), all of us challengers (including those who are a bit less than successful! The good, the bad, and the ugly are all invited to join) will submit links to the things that we've done - whether its to Sherry at Young House Love, Katie at Bower Power, Sarah at Ugly Duckling House, or Carmel at Our Fifth House. And if you're participating, I'd love to see your pics! You can them to me at c.tikvah@gmail.com. 


As for what I'm doing, well, you all know that I love me some natural textures and shapes, and when I first saw this on Pinterest, I fell in love! This challenge is the perfect time to do my own twist. Presenting a DIY sisal rope bowl, from Kate at Censational Girl.


So stay tuned for more details about my project, and definitely, definitely be sure to check out the lovely hostesses sites. They're fantastic, I assure you. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment