Friday 5 October 2012

Fantastic and Free #7

In the past few days, I've been putting things up on our walls, and putting our decor items around the house. So today's free project was inspired by that. It's such a cool feeling to be able to put things on the walls, and not worry about landlords or neighbours who are annoyed by the sound of hammering! I am fairly indecisive about where to put art on the walls - maybe because I feel that most pieces require other pieces in order to make the wall look complete.

But today, I figured I'd fill up one of the (many) MCC frames that Lana, Vickie and I collected in our time at the apartment (that now all live in my quirky house!). I wanted to do something kinda modern, and with some of the colours that I love, so I grabbed a few sheets of cardstock from my collection, and started to cut them into shapes.


At first I just played at moving them around behind the matte. To see how they went together. 


I ended up eliminating two of the sheets of cardstock, keeping just three of my original choices. 


Then, the process repeated itself, except with only the three chosen colours, until I was happy with how it looked. And here it is, sitting by our kitchen sink (and the Pilea plant that Derek bought me about a year ago, I think).


And from a bit further away. I really like how the greens tie into the plant, and the set of soap/hand cream that I got from Anthropologie awhile back. Can't wait to see how it looks when we re-paint the kitchen - I'm thinking a soft sea blue-green. Then again, I'm not sure that my new work of art will be staying in the kitchen. Things are always more interesting when you can move them around!


Budget Breakdown:
FRAME: $0
CARDSTOCK: $0

Can't think of anything to call priceless... maybe I'm tired. I should sleep. Hmm.. It's only 9:00. Oh well. Derek goes to bed at 9:00 every night! Might as well follow his lead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment